Mission: Building a better future for the women and girls of Chautauqua County.
Vision: A community that provides opportunities for our women and girls to thrive.
Members of the Coalition are contained in a large and growing email list.
- Anyone can join and we will continue to add names and emails
- At least 4 times a year Coalition members will receive email updates
- 1 to 2 times a year we hold a gathering for the purposes of:
- Gathering input as we did in April, 2014
- Inviting members to participate in the activities we identify
- Engaging members in advocating for women and girls
- Informing members about critical issues
- Identifying ways members can support efforts
Chautauqua Opportunities Inc., Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, Chautauqua Inst, Dibert Foundation, Jamestown Community College, Jamestown Public Schools, Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation, Striders, SUNY Fredonia, United Way North and South County, and YWCA.
- Sets broad vision
- Establishes outcomes and assures methods to measure
- Supports the work of the task forces
- Identifies resources to support work of task forces
- Prepares communications to the Coalition and the task Forces
- Meets monthly to start then 4X a year
- Take the broad goals and outcomes and creates specific strategies
- Invite others to participate & looks for opportunities to collaborate
- Identify resources
- Take action
- Assure measurements are taken to assess outcomes
|TASK FORCE 1
Financial Stability for Women and their Children
Measure the reduction of female headed households living in poverty
i. Immediate needs, managing the available resources and providers
ii. Steps to economic self-sufficiency
iii. Early childhood preparation for success in school for the children
iv. Staying in school; focus on education and career for mom and children
Financial Stability for Women completing degrees at SUNY Fredonia or JCC.
TASK FORCE 2
Issues facing All Women and Girls
Measure the progress via the Hemingway Assessment for Adults and Youth and other measures of “Thriving”
i. Managing finances throughout a lifetime
ii. Career Choices, career ladders, STEM and other well paying positions
iii. Health and nutrition for self and family
iv. Healthy choices regarding drugs, alcohol and sexual activity
v. Citizenship and engaging in civic activities
vi. Women to women, women to girls, girls to girls mentoring and support