Mission: Building a better future for the women and girls of Chautauqua County.
Vision: A community that provides opportunities for our women and girls to thrive.
Members of the Coalition are contained in a large and growing email list.
- Anyone can join and we will continue to add names and emails
- At least 4 times a year Coalition members will receive email updates
- 1 to 2 times a year we hold a gathering for the purposes of:
- Gathering input as we did in April, 2014
- Inviting members to participate in the activities we identify
- Engaging members in advocating for women and girls
- Informing members about critical issues
- Identifying ways members can support efforts
Current Members: Amanda Gesing, Beth Oakes, Deb Kathman, Jane Cleaver Becker, Katie Smith, Megan Sorenson, Pat Smith, Patty Idzik, Tory Irgang, and Tracy Collingwood
- Sets broad vision
- Establishes outcomes and assures methods to measure
- Supports the work of the task forces
- Identifies resources to support work of task forces
- Prepares communications to the Coalition and the task Forces
- Meets monthly to start then 4X a year
- Take the broad goals and outcomes and creates specific strategies
- Invite others to participate & looks for opportunities to collaborate
- Identify resources
- Take action
- Assure measurements are taken to assess outcomes
|TASK FORCE 1
Financial Stability for Women and their Children
i. Immediate needs, managing the available resources and providers
Financial Stability for Women completing degrees at SUNY Fredonia or JCC.
TASK FORCE 2
Issues facing All Women and Girls
i. Managing finances throughout a lifetime